Friday, October 24, 2008

Catch up

Hello all!! sorry that it has taken me so long to fill you in on our life for the past 2 weeks. I have just recently started working the night shift at the hospital. For those that are unaware of the time frame, that would be 7:00 pm to 7:00 am.  So the idea is that the night before you work, you try to stay up as long as you can so you can sleep most of the day the following day, because at 7:00 pm the shift starts. Well, for those that know me, I don't sleep late, I don't sleep during the day..( maybe a nap at 3:00 pm... that's when I feel sleepy) , and I am not a night person... when I get sleepy, it's all over. 

So, I digress,  The past two weeks have been busy and fun.. so let me update "ya". 

Alors.... (  This is how every French person starts a story...it means so...  the word sounds like " A lu" phonetically )

So, alors.... Two weeks ago Francois and I had a pretty quiet weekend,  Francois was  to play in a tennis tournament at I'On ( our new tennis club we joined, yeah!!)  and I was working 11am to 11pm shift to slowly progress into night shift. On Friday,  Francois was supposed to have a match, but the rain delayed the match until Saturday. I was happy because I was stuck at the hospital until 2 am preparing my patient for a trip back to the operating room.  

Sometimes patients returning from open heart surgery have the possibility of " blowing a graft", and the nurse can usually tell this happens when the patient starts bleeding more than usual. This was the case for this patient.. But all is well, she made it back, got fixed, and is all better .. 

Saturday was a better day, Francois was able to start one of his matches, however he only made it through one set, --- the rain came.  We made it a lazy day  and met our friends out for dinner that night.  Francois' Citadel friend Will Dieter, his wife Lauren and Will's brother Tuck Dieter met us for Dinner at an Oyster Bar in downtown Charleston. I had my first oyster shooter...mmm

No comments: