Monday, December 8, 2008

Where is Waldo



I have just finished reading my brother and Lori's Blog, and just about died!! I loved Ian's piece on Apples.... I actually did. Hilarious... So it inspired me to write a little childhood memory ( ok, so it has nothing to do with fruit, but reminded me of how crazy my brother Ian can be sometimes... so therefore... a childhood story came to mind) 

Well, Ian and I were pretty close growing up, I always wanted to be my big brother and I followed him everywhere. We had lots of fun times together... However, one particular time was not sooo much fun. I was sitting in my bed reading, really getting into to this perplexing book, mind "bottling " boggling ... if you will. I' m not sure if you remember the Where's Waldo books... but they were Freakin HARD. ( I think I was about 7) Anyway, I was  7 and the book was about 3 ft tall,  needless to say an elephant could have walked by and I would not have seen behind the cover of this gi-normous book.

Well, as I was saying... I was reading my book ( really I was ticked that I  found Waldo's hat, sister, cousin, and some of his friends, but Waldo himself... remained undetected.. )... so I am searching for Waldo like it is my JOB... and out from behind the book jumps my brother.. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH", he screams. 

I have never been so afraid in my life. I immediately skipped the scream and went straight to uncontrollable tears..... I have to say, still..... the best scare I have had... and want. 

I guess I bring this story up, because Ian and I use to stay up and read Where's Waldo books on Christmas Eve, until we fell asleep slant-ways in the bed... then I would wake up at 1:00am... look at our loot ... and then go back to sleep.. wake up at 5:00 am and then pull my brother out of bed.... and wake my parents up. 

I always loved Christmas, the smells, the feeling, the warmth and coziness of the holiday spirit. 

Give the Waldo search a try... be careful not to mistake Waldo's cousin for Waldo...



No comments: