Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas at Home part 1: The gifts


Hello All! 

Now that the holidays are over and we are all back to our normal routine, It is now time to start posting on the blog again. 


Well let me see, what has happened since we last spoke. I know that the previous post was a tribute to Lori since we seem to think that this SNL skit is hilarious NO MATTER how many times you watch it!!....  

Oh, yes... Christmas. Ok, so Francois and I went to Tarboro, NC to see my parents for Christmas, my brother and Lori had arrived the previous day and was able to meet up with some old friends from their life in Raleigh before they moved to San Fran. 

The holiday week consisted of lots of food, R&R, Movies, X BOX, food, pajama time, food, and PRESENTS, and food.  We actually decided that Christmas was really on Sunday, this year and by doing so, we were able to play with our gifts together longer than if we opened gifts the night before Ian and Lori left, which was Tuesday.. day before Christmas Eve... WHEW.. lots of confusing dates.... in a nut shell we had Christmas early, got lots of really nice gifts and i would have to say my favorite moment was being able to share a 10 mile run with my brother.

 As a runner, it is not often that you are able to share a fist time distance with someone, which can be very special. Ian is now starting to run, which makes me happy because it is something that i can share with him!!... We played the longest name game ever ( that is the game.. possibly a drinking game.. ANYWAY.. where you say a name like Brad Pitt and then the next name has to start with the first letter of the last name. For example after Brad Pitt the next name could be ...  Pamela Anderson.. etc. Well it takes time up and allows you to not think about the run so thats the game) ... but we made it.. and around Tarboro too! 10 miles!! Double digits!

Here are some photos from the Christmas:

Here is the Amazing painting my brother did for my mom, the two paintings have important dates in my mom's life. The painting to the left is geared toward Dad and Me and the one to the left is for Mom and Ian.. Mom actually cried... might have been the only time I have seen that!!  This also made Lori and I tear up, but we pretended that the Mad Libs calendar I gave Lori for her desk was JUST that special!! 
Francois showing us his new bag and new suit !!! looking sharp!
Checking out the new tent Ian and Lori got from my parents.. pretty SWEET!


Here is my brand new Camera!! YEah... trying to dig deep in my genes for some creativity ... Super excited to get started !!


We got Ian and Lori sleepingbags... and I was determined to get them in there... so here they are.. 
Ian and Lori being silly in the sleeping bags!! 
Ian and Lori received backpacks from Francois and me as well ... they look great... !! Now there is NO excuse .. they must plan a backpacking trip!
Opening some gifts!I have my new favorite pair of jeans in my hand and I have on my super special Diamond earrings from my sweet husband, Francois with his much awaited Briefcase, and I think Ian is looking at some book Mom and Dad gave him about guitars.. not sure... But I like this picture because.... It's like a Where's Waldo... instead I would like to call this "Where's Howard?" can you find him ..... hmmmmmmm? Where is he???


The day after gifts we had our 2nd annual BEAST dinner... mmm mmm mmm.. 
(Yep I loaded this backwards, the pre beast is after this picture... but thats ok... you get the idea... it was a masterpiece !!)
And here we have my dad about to crack open the "Beast"... there was probably some grunting of some sort before this photo.. like a Tim Allen  "Tool Time"!
And ... to finish the blog post with a Goode ol' Family Picture... My dad likes to get us all together and test out his remote on his camera... I say this year we made it work pretty well. In all We had a VERY Merry Christmas!!! and i will post more on the next blog post... this one was getting a little long!! 

                                                    Christmas 2008 in Tarboro, NC


No comments: